Metal & Nylon Partial Dentures
Schedule a free consultation to learn more about partial dentures. Our denturists will walk you through the options best suited for your smile.
A partial denture replaces one or more missing natural teeth and it’s purpose is to restore a person’s natural appearance and greatly improve their ability to chew and speak clearly.
Partial dentures do not harm remaining natural teeth. A partial denture may prevent your natural teeth from shifting or drifting into the space left by the loss of a natural tooth. In fact, a partial denture may help maintain the position of your natural teeth by providing them with additional support.
Metal vs. Nylon Partial Dentures
More About Partial Dentures
- We recommend our patients follow some standard care best practices to ensure that they get the most from their dentures.
- Brush your dentures daily to prevent the build up of plaque, food deposits, and pathogens. An ultrasonic cleaner is a good way to clean your dentures, but it is not a replacement for brushing.
- Ensure that your dentures are stored in cleansing solution (or cool, clean water if no solution is available) when they are not being worn. This will prevent your dentures from drying out.
- Ensure that you handle your dentures with care. They are somewhat fragile and may break if dropped or banged against something (such as a door or wall).
- Brush your gums, tongue, and your natural teeth every morning prior to putting in your dentures. This keeps your mouth clean and greatly reduces the chances of complications occurring.
Read more about how to clean your dentures.
- Replacement dentures, repairs: one year.
- New denture follow-up adjustments: 90 days.
- Relines/repairs follow-ups: 30 days.
Chinook Denture Clinic
#700 – 6455 Macleod Trail SW
Calgary, AB T2H 0K9